Summer Is Coming!
On our “beach calendar,” the summer season starts on Memorial Day. Schools still have a few more weeks of classes though and the true, official start of the season is a little later in June. If you are looking to sell a home, now is definitely the time to make sure everything is in good shape. Here are a few tips to consider:
1. Price: Make sure your house is priced accordingly if you want to sell quickly.
2. Disclosure: When listing your house with a Realtor, you will be asked to complete a standard Delaware “Seller’s Disclosure” form. Taking time to review and check every box will expedite your sale immeasurably and save you time and frustration once a contract comes in.
3. Flexibility: Consider some things you may compromise on, and know the absolute lowest price you would entertain. Also, consider negotiating housewares and fixtures that may appeal to prospective buyers, such as new drapes, custom blinds, that stylish dining room chandelier, even a new washer/dryer.
4. Clutter: A spotless, clutter-free home shows best. Remove any unnecessary papers and knick-knacks, then go back and do it again!
5. Incentive: If you are highly motivated and your house is not garnering the attention you expect, or if there is high competition in your neighborhood, consider offering an incentive like sharing the buyer’s closing costs.
6. Maintenance: Keeping your lawn cut and neat and allowing as much access as you can for showings will help your sale, too. It is a little tough this time of year if you entertain family and friends, but it will help during this prime buying season.
Lastly, and most importantly, enjoy your summer at the beach!