Rain Got You Down?
Make some rainy day fun!
“Bad beach days” can still be fun days at the beach! When you have a houseful of family and friends to entertain, here are a few suggestions:
- The Beach – yes, it’s still fun in the rain, as long as it’s not storming torrentially with thunder or lightening. Think about renting a kayak, big beach floaty mat, or SUP from Quest Kayak!
- The Boardwalk – Rehoboth’s landmark attraction has shopping, dining, arcades, and of course – FUNLAND!
- Boutique shopping in Downtown Lewes and Rehoboth Beach – shops on Second Street and Rehoboth Avenue/side streets have all sorts of local treasures unique to Delaware Beaches and mainstream. Hit Kids' Ketch for a new game or puzzle, or Browseabout Books in Rehoboth for a great new read for the whole family!
- The Outlets – you can’t miss them! Route 1 offers three different outlet shopping centers with brands to please even the trendiest shoppers.
- Lefty’s Alley & Eats – new this year, Lefty’s was built for rainy beach days! Bowling, laser tag, arcade, and an award-winning restaurant/bar will keep everyone busy for awhile!
- Libraries! The brand new, expanded Lewes Library has programs scheduled all summer long and is a cool retreat from rain or heat. The Rehoboth Library is in the heart of Rehoboth Avenue and is a great place to ‘check out’ as well!
- Movies at Midway – the classic rainy day activity!
- Redbox – Most rentals have DVD players, or you can watch on your laptop: Both the Lewes and Rehoboth Walgreens stores have Redbox kiosks where you can pick up very recently released movies.
- Seaside Nature Center at Cape Henlopen State Park – newly renovated for this summer, the Seaside Nature Center offers a great indoor and educational escape! Learn about the state park and its inhabitants, then take a hike around the park in any weather.
- The Lewes History Museum (in the former Library space) and the ever-present, landmark Zwaanendael Museum offer cultural diversions, rain or shine!
Of course, there are a ton of restaurants (see our list of new ones) to keep you busy - and keep your strength up - when you have houseguests in the rain!
- Tags: arcades, boardwalk, cape henlopen state park, Delaware, funland, kids ketch, leftys alley and eats, Lewes, lewes history museum, lewes library, movies at midway, quest kayak, rainy day fun, rainydays, Rehoboth, rehoboth avenue, rehoboth library, second street, tanger outlets, zwaanendael museum