Look at clouds from both sides now ... from renting and buying
Look at Clouds from Both Sides Now…from renting and owning your own place at the beach!
Whether you own a house at the beach already or you are renting this summer, the clouds and rain have kind of gotten in the way of plans! It’s been a rainy summer for sure. Those most frustrated by the weather lately are our beach home renters. A few weeks so far have brought practically daily rain, which can dampen family fun and end up breaking the budget with daytime activities.
This weather is out of character for Delaware beaches in the summer (and even off of Farmer’s Almanac predictions!). Still, renting for a week puts a lot of pressure on Mother Nature (and mothers and fathers); you have to make the most of every day you have budgeted to spend at the beach.
If you are here at the Delaware Beaches for the first time this year and the rain is getting you down, take heart! It’s been exceptionally rainy – not the norm. And hopefully you are finding some great rainy day activities:
- Grabbing a poncho at the dollar store and hiking through Cape Henlopen State Park – even down to or up from the Gordon’s Pond entrance in Rehoboth’s North Shores
- Renting a Quest kayak in Lewes (as long as it’s not torrential or bringing thunder and lightning!)
- Enjoying sales tax-free Delaware’s shopping – especially locally owned, independent businesses in Downtown Lewes and Rehoboth Beach
- Lounging in one of our growing numbers of cafes
- Spending a few extra dollars on Second Street in Lewes on unique puzzles or board games (for adults and kids)
- Exploring fishing excursions from the Lewes-Rehoboth Canal
- Discovering the many, many metropolitan-worthy art galleries through Rehoboth Beach and Lewes
- Taking kids to library programs for a change of scenery
- Strolling through the Rehoboth Beach Farmer’s Market on Tuesday or Historic Lewes Farmer’s Market on Saturday
Ultimately, the best way to take the pressure off of packing everything into your weekly rental experience is to consider the feasibility of making it a year-round opportunity. Renting has many short-term advantages financially; however, if you are a regular renter, your annual investment could make way for a vacation home of your own!
If you would like more information about properties and pricing, The Lee Ann Wilkinson Group would love to help!
Posted in Lewes Real Estate News